HyGenikx Air and Surface Steriliser with 10m² coverage. White finish. For use in General areas such as washrooms, front of house and changing areas
- Area of use General
- Range of cover 10m2
- Colour finish White finish
Features & Benefits
- Kills Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), Clostridium difficile (C. difficile), Aspergillus fumigatus, and other primary sources of infections
- Significantly improves hygiene standards to levels impossible to maintain with traditional cleaning methods alone
- Eliminates bacteria, viruses, moulds, fungi and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), both in the air and on exposed surfaces, even in the hardest to reach places
- Safe to use and for the environment
- Eradicates unpleasant odours by tackling them at source
- Proven to deplete harmful Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria innocua from surfaces to undetectable levels
- Improves infection control for staff and customers
- Proven to reduce spoilage by extending the shelf-life of perishable food on average by 58%, and up 150% for certain produce
- Low power consumption, 9-13W
- Easy to change lamp and backup battery, requires no onsite engineer
- Power via a plug that allows flexible installation and easy connection to existing sockets or to switched spurs
- Combines technologies: Germicidal Oxidation, Germicidal Irradiation, Dual waveband Plasma Quatro
- Services: 220/50/1. Uninterrupted supply - 24 hour operation required. High level
- Dimensions: 400 x 135 x 110mm
- EC declaration of conformity - CE mark
- 1.8m power cable with plug to be connected to suitably isolated socket or fused spur 1.8m power cable with plug to be connected to suitably isolated socket or fused spur. Plug type supplied is dependent on country/location. 3-pin (type G), or 2-pin (type C) Europlug.
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Manufactured in accordance with European standards
- Produced under the control of our comprehensive BSI ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- Class 2 certified for electrical insulation
- System (certificate FS 616985)
- HOW DO I KNOW THE HYGENIKX UNIT IS WORKING?
Firstly, the green cross light indicator will be illuminated on the front of the unit to show the product is operating. After 12 months of use the built-in warning system will tell you when the lamp (and battery) requires replacement to ensure peak efficiency. There will be a definite change in the environmental air quality. Internal environments that have a usual lingering background odour, whether from cooking/food, body odour, cleaning products, waste material, or a combination of these, will smell noticeably fresher. This change will be most obvious at the start of a working day, clearly demonstrating the unit is working. Areas where it is easier to monitor performance are those with obvious odour issues, such as a washroom, changing room or bin store. Here, odours will be significantly reduced or eliminated completely.
- HOW ARE YOUR PRODUCTS DIFFERENT TO FRAGRANCE UNITS?
They go far beyond odour control. Rather than masking odours they remove smells by targeting and killing the root cause, which is usually microorganisms.
- WHAT DO THEY SMELL LIKE? IS THERE A FRAGRANCE?
The absence of unpleasant background odours is usually the first thing customers notice. The 'smell' is described as "clean and fresh" and has often been likened to mountain air. No masking fragrances are used. Note: Within the first 48 hours of use it is not unusual for the unit to produce a slightly metallic odour, this is caused by the lamp bedding in. This should dissipate within 48 hours
- IN ADDITION TO ODOURS, WHAT ARE THE MICROORGANISMS THAT ARE REDUCED BY THIS TECHNOLOGY?
Bacteria, Viruses, Mould, Fungi. Multiple independent tests demonstrate the efficacy against the most prevalent of these including Listeria, E coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermis, Aspergillus fumigatus, MS-2 Coliphage, MRSA and Clostridium difficile.
- DOES AIR NEED TO PASS THROUGH A UNIT TO BE SANITISED?
No, our technology uses both internal and external processes so although contaminates passing through the unit will be sanitised, it also produces cleaning air which circulates throughout. This is why HyGenikx can cover such a large area.
- WILL UNITS REDUCE BACTERIA ON WALLS AND SURFACES OR JUST IN THE AIR?
Cleaning air from the unit will target and reduce all contamination wherever the ‘clean’ air can reach. Test results show substantial reduction in both air and surface contamination in relatively short periods of time.
- HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN YOUR TECHNOLOGY IN SIMPLE TERMS?
The specialist Germicidal UV lamp combined with Titanium Dioxide catalyst cleaning plates eliminate any odours and harmful microorganisms drawn into the unit. The lamp also produces a purifying plasma (Plasma Quatro), which convects from the unit and circulates around the room sanitising the air and surfaces. Part of the process also has an ionising effect, which will reduce the amount of airborne dust and debris. For a more detailed explanation please see the Questions and Answers section in our Installation & Operating Manual.
- THE UNIT PRODUCES OZONE. IS THIS DANGEROUS?
Whilst HyGenikx is not an ozone generator, a very small volume of ozone is released as a by-product of the combination of technologies used. This unique combination of technologies is guaranteed to both achieve results and be completely safe in operation. In every case the ozone levels present fall well below the lowest international safety levels worldwide (World Health Organization - 0.05ppm), as stipulated by EUOTA. This has been verified for all unit variations with independent laboratory testing carried out by “Odournet”. We all breathe ozone, every day of our life, in fact what we perceive to be fresh air is approximately 0.013ppm of ozone. There has never been a known proven health issue from any HyGenikx UV devices that produces trace ozone. Other devices that use a ceramic disc and electrical charge system [Corona discharge] known as Ozone Generators can produce massive amounts of ozone also produce nitrous oxide another greenhouse gas. HyGenikx is not an ozone generator and the UV catalytic reaction does not produce these gases. Ozone produced by UV is often referred to as ‘Clean Ozone’.
- HOW DO YOU INSTALL A UNIT?
Units must always be vertically installed with the logo and cable at the top of the unit. The bottom of the unit should be at a minimum height of 1.8m AFFL. Air is circulated throughout the area via thermal convection and incorrect installation will reduce performance.
- WHERE DO YOU INSTALL A UNIT?
Locating the unit close to extraction systems or open windows will vastly reduce performance as sanitising air will be prevented from circulating correctly. Always be conscious of movement of air throughout the room. Location close to incoming ventilation (air input) will assist air from the unit in circulating throughout the environment. Avoid installing directly within a cooking zone where levels of heat and grease are elevated. In areas of lower air circulation, installing the unit as close as is practical to the strong odour, or contamination source, is recommended (i.e. next to food storage in cold store, above preparation areas in kitchen, next to urinals or toilets in a washroom or above locker areas in changing room). Air from the unit will disperse throughout, but this allows the key areas to be treated first.
- WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT UNIT VARIATIONS AND LAMP OPTIONS?
One size does not fit all. We supply several product variations to ensure the best results in each environment and area size (a washroom presents a very different challenge to a cold store). Anything in a food environment must be “food safe” so units for these areas have a specialist food safe sheath for the lamp. Different units are set up for different environments and their anticipated bacteria levels and outputs vary. It is important to understand that units need to be suitably sized to ensure correct operation.
- WHAT DO THE NUMBERS AND CODES REFER TO ON THE UNIT?
For the food service models the numbers represent the square meterage the unit is set up for, (length x width - height is not included in this calculation as the sanitising air will fall to ground level where the highest contamination is present). “W” or “T” is simply a colour choice option our White or Titanium finish to best suit your personal preference. “F” indicates a product suitable for a food safe environment as the lamp is sheathed (shatterproof). “S” is a standard general use product suitable for most areas, including washrooms and changing rooms. Standard lamps are not shatterproof. “R” is refuse, a higher output variation for areas with strong odours. “R” versions should not be used in areas of general occupation. “O” is a model for use in constantly occupied areas such as offices with low ventilation and air movement.
- HOW OFTEN DO THE BATTERY AND LAMP NEED TO BE CHANGED?
Lamp and battery should be replaced every 12 months. The unit has a reminder system built-in with a flashing indicator followed by an audible alarm to ensure this does not get missed.
- WHY IS MY HYGENIKX UNIT BEEPING AND WHAT TO DO NEXT?
When your HyGenikx unit starts to beep and flash it is time to replace the lamp and battery which should be replaced every 12 months. You will find on the side of your HyGenikx unit a label which will tell you which lamp model replacement you should order. Please refer to Chapter 7 for full lamp and battery replacement instructions.