HyGenikx AF Air & Surface Hygiene Steriliser for larger occupied areas. Up to 100m2 coverage. Silver finish. Fan operation.
- Area of use Larger Occupied areas
- Range of cover 100m2
- Colour Finish Aluminium
Features & Benefits
- 24/7 infection control
- Kills Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), Clostridium difficile (C. difficile), Aspergillus fumigatus, and other primary sources of infections
- Significantly improves hygiene standards to levels impossible to maintain with traditional cleaning methods alone
- Eradicates unpleasant odours by tackling them at source
- Eliminates bacteria, viruses, moulds, fungi and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), both in the air and on exposed surfaces, even in the hardest to reach places
- Safe to use & for the environment
- Improves infection control for staff and visitors
- Reduces staff absenteeism
- Annual lamp change to maintain optimum performance
- Wall or ceiling mountable with four screws. Alternatively place flat on supplied rubber feet on a high surface.
- Utilises a combination of the most effective air and surface sterilisation technologies available
- Power via a plug* that allows flexible installation and easy connection to an existing isolated plug socket or to a switched fused spur
- Robust vandal resistant aluminium outer casing
- Combines technologies: Germicidal Oxidation, Germicidal Irradiation, Dual waveband Plasma Quattro
- 220-230V, 50/60Hz, 33W, 1Ph+N+E. Uninterrupted supply – 24 hour operation required. High level
- 1.8m Cloverleaf power lead with plug* to be connected to suitably isolated socket or switched fused spur (with dedicated Earth)
- Fan is shielded behind a protective end cap to avoid potential injury
- SGS Certified
- CE mark
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU: EN60335-2-65:2003+A1:2008+A11:2012 EN60335-1:2012+A11:2014
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU: EN55014-1:2017, EN61000-3-2:2014, EN610000-3-3:2013, EN55014-2:2015
- Manufactured in accordance with European standards
- Produced under the control of our comprehensive BSI ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (certificate FS 616985)
- Class I certified for electrical insulation
- HOW DO I KNOW THE HYGENIKX UNIT IS WORKING?
When the unit is turned ON the lamp light will be visible through the vents of the unit. This visible light is only reflective and is therefore safe when the unit cover is in place. There will be a definite change in the environmental air quality. Internal environments that have a usual lingering background odour, whether from cooking/food, body odour, cleaning products, waste material, or a combination of these, will smell noticeably fresher. This change will be most obvious at the start of a working day, clearly demonstrating the unit is working. Areas where it is easier to monitor performance are those with obvious odour issues, such as a washroom, changing room or bin store. Here, odours will be significantly reduced or eliminated completely.
- HOW ARE YOUR PRODUCTS DIFFERENT TO FRAGRANCE UNITS?
(General) They go far beyond odour control. Rather than masking odours they remove smells by targeting and killing the root cause, which is usually microorganisms. (Food) In food storage microorganisms are responsible for spoilage and the shortening of food life. Independent testing has demonstrated how we extend food life (specifically vegetables and soft fruits) by reducing the microorganisms. Note: This unit is not to replace product “use by” date.
- WHAT DO THEY SMELL LIKE? IS THERE A FRAGRANCE?
The absence of unpleasant background odours is usually the first thing customers notice. The 'smell' is described as "clean and fresh" and has often been likened to mountain air. No masking fragrances are used. Note: Within the first 48 hours of use it is not unusual for the unit to produce a slightly metallic odour, this is caused by the lamp bedding in. This should dissipate within 48 hours.
- IN ADDITION TO ODOURS, WHAT ARE THE MICROORGANISMS THAT ARE REDUCED BY THIS TECHNOLOGY?
Bacteria, Viruses, Mould, Fungi. Multiple independent tests demonstrate the efficacy against the most prevalent of these including Listeria, E coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermis, Aspergillus fumigatus, MS-2 Coliphage, MRSA and Clostridium difficile.
- DOES AIR NEED TO PASS THROUGH A UNIT TO BE SANITISED?
No, our technology uses both internal and external processes so although contaminates passing through the unit will be sanitised, it also produces cleaning air which circulates throughout. This is why HyGenikx can cover such a large area.
- WILL UNITS REDUCE BACTERIA ON WALLS AND SURFACES OR JUST IN THE AIR?
Cleaning air from the unit will target and reduce all contamination wherever the ‘clean’ air can reach. Test results show substantial reduction in both air and surface contamination in relatively short periods of time.
- HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN YOUR TECHNOLOGY IN SIMPLE TERMS?
The specialist Germicidal UV lamp combined with Titanium Dioxide catalyst cleaning plates eliminate any odours and harmful microorganisms drawn into the unit. The lamp also produces a purifying plasma (Plasma Quatro), which convects from the unit and circulates around the room sanitising the air and surfaces. Part of the process also has an ionising effect, which will reduce the amount of airborne dust and debris. For a more detailed explanation please see the Questions and Answers section in our Installation & Operating Manual.
- THE UNIT PRODUCES OZONE. IS THIS DANGEROUS?
Whilst HyGenikx is not an ozone generator, a very small volume of ozone is released as a by-product of the combination of technologies used. This unique combination of technologies is guaranteed to both achieve results and be completely safe in operation. In every case the ozone levels present fall well below the lowest international safety levels worldwide (World Health Organization - 0.05ppm), as stipulated by EUOTA. This has been verified for all unit variations with independent laboratory testing carried out by “Odournet”. We all breathe ozone, every day of our life, in fact what we perceive to be fresh air is approximately 0.013ppm of ozone. There has never been a known proven health issue from any HyGenikx UV devices that produces trace ozone. Other devices that use a ceramic disc and electrical charge system [Corona discharge] known as Ozone Generators can produce massive amounts of ozone also produce nitrous oxide another greenhouse gas. HyGenikx is not an ozone generator and the UV catalytic reaction does not produce these gases. Ozone produced by UV is often referred to as ‘Clean Ozone’.
- HOW DO YOU INSTALL A UNIT?
We recommend that the unit is wall mounted, vertically installed, with the logo at the top of the unit and the cable at the bottom. The bottom of the unit should be at a minimum height of 1.8m AFFL. Alternatively, the unit can be wall mounted horizontally, ceiling mounted or placed on a high, flat, stable surface using the rubber feet supplied. Please follow enclosed instructions.
- WHERE DO YOU INSTALL A UNIT?
Locating the unit close to extraction systems or open windows will vastly reduce performance as sanitising air will be prevented from circulating correctly. Always be conscious of movement of air throughout the room. Location close to incoming ventilation (air input) will assist air from the unit in circulating throughout the environment. Avoid installing directly within a cooking zone where levels of heat and grease are elevated. In areas of lower air circulation, installing the unit as close as is practical to the strong odour, or contamination source, is recommended (i.e. next to food storage in cold store, above preparation areas in kitchen, next to urinals or toilets in a washroom or above locker areas in changing room). Air from the unit will disperse throughout, but this allows the key areas to be treated first.
- WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT UNIT VARIATIONS AND LAMP OPTIONS?
One size does not fit all. We supply several product variations to ensure the best results in each environment and area size. It is important to understand that units need to be suitably sized to ensure correct operation.
- WHAT DO THE NUMBERS AND CODES REFER TO ON THE UNIT?
The numbers represent the square meterage the unit is set up for, (length x width - height is not included in this calculation as the sanitising air will fall to ground level where the highest contamination is present). “HGX-AF” is simply the HyGenikx unit type.
- HOW OFTEN DO THE BATTERY AND LAMP NEED TO BE CHANGED?
The lamp should be replaced every 12 months. The date for the next lamp change should be shown on a label fixed to the front of the unit. A new date reminder label is supplied with every new lamp and should replace the old date indicated on the front of the unit.