Mechline Developments Limited works to be the authority and market leader on products engineered to address common issues in the food services and environmental sectors – whether it’s in function, design or operational ease-of-use. The combination of experience and know-how ensures our products enhance the working environment for the operators, making life easier for our customers and best practice second-nature. By providing the best quality equipment developed to solve operational problems Mechline has built a leading family of brands. We manufacture the majority of our products at our head office in Milton Keynes where customers are welcome to visit to see our manufacturing and testing facilities in action.
Job Title: Product Engineer
Reports to: Product & Technical Manager
The Product Engineer is responsible for supporting the development and launch of new products for the commercial kitchen market which complement existing product ranges and align with Mechline’s growth strategy.
- To support the development of new products taking ideas from concept through design, prototype, testing and production implementation to support the company’s growth strategy whilst using set stage gate processes
- To support the handover of new products to production; training and supporting staff as required.
- To assist, when required, with engineering problems with existing products by reviewing fault issues recommending appropriate changes to product design, production processes, and training.
- To assist, when required, the development of production equipment recommending changes as required for continuous improvement in production efficiency.
- To carry out product approvals (e.g. WRAS) to ensure that all products have the necessary approvals for maximum customer confidence and to be the company’s nominated WRAS and/or other quality assurance bodies, point of contact.
- To undertake CAD drawings required for a range of purposes including operations manuals marketing materials.
- To support, when required, the Technical Services team to resolve product and technical queries where specialist knowledge is required.
- To project manage the communication of New Product Development to ensure the necessary people are aware of the stages reached and what is required from them and by when to progress the product development, working in strict guidelines set by the product review process and QMS systems.
- To be the companies liaison between any third party product /design consultants, providing updates to management as and when required.
- To liaise with colleagues and stakeholders to support the company’s objectives and growth strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant qualification in one or more of the following:
- production engineering
- mechanical engineering
- process engineering.
- Experience of 3D Solid modelling, preferably AutoCAD Inventor.
- 2D AutoCAD experience and qualification to City & Guilds Level 3 or above.
- Experience of materials engineering.
- Lean Manufacturing / Right First time methodologies.
- Ability to work in a logical and systematic manner as part of a team and also to work with own initiative.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Problem solving capabilities – with the ability to think outside of the box.
- IT literate: Microsoft Applications and NAV or similar business system.
- Excellent written and aural communication skills.
Area Sales Executives (Midlands & South East)
We are looking for our next star to join our friendly and customer-focused team to help shape our current and future success. You will be a self-driven Area Sales Executive, determined to drive revenue and margin growth with our partner customers through development, planning and execution of the sales strategy for all Mechline products.
We are looking for people to:
- represent the company professionally, in keeping with established company values and principles
- develop new business accounts and initiatives – to achieve agreed financial and sales objectives
- manage existing key and standard account business, developing new product sales and initiatives, and developing new account sales
- develop and maintain a deep understanding of the region, industry, and in particular, customer needs and requirements
- have an exceptional customer service focus and skills in creating substantial working relationships with key decision makers in the territory.
Ideal candidate will:
- have natural interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build rapport and good relationships with customers and colleagues, at all levels
- be able to contribute in a team environment and also demonstrate strong initiative with the ability to work independently
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- have strong negotiation skills and a problem solving attitude to drive commercial success
- have a passion for achieving business goals and sales targets
- have a flexible attitude to travel as required.
Based in Milton Keynes with free onsite parking and within easy reach of transport networks. We believe in investing in our people and pride ourselves on our approach to learning and development. We offer a competitive remuneration package in a fun, family orientated working environment.
Keen to learn more? Please contact email@example.com
For more information about Mechline Developments Limited and the opportunities we have to offer follow us on Twitter @MechlineLtd and LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/mechline-developments